Local Heritage Museum, Bezau
The nice little village of Bezau has a great heritage museum located in a traditional wooden farmhouse typical for the rear Bregenzerwald region. The museum mainly shows the living circumstances, working places and general facts of everyday life in a rural mountain area. Varied interesting tools and objects reminding of our ancestors are on display.
Walking through the entrance area, you reach the kitchen with open fireplace and milk and cheese dairy facilities. It was quite common that cheese and all its side products were handmade by the farmer's wife. The kitchen is connected to the homey wooden parlor equipped with a clay oven. The parents' bedroom - in dialect also called "Gado" - can be found in the westernmost part of the farmer's parlor.
- A typical, well-maintained and old-style farmhouse showing high living standard
- Common furniture: kitchen, bedroom, parlor
- Traditional Bregenzerwald costumes - "Juppen" jackets
- Explanation of customs and traditions
- Collection of religious art
- Local history of piety
- Chain stitch embroidery
July, August and September
Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 2.00 pm - 4.00 pm
From October to June
guided tour every Tuesday at 2.00 pm